How Do I Find a Financial Advisor?
You may be looking to work with a financial advisor, but do you know the steps for finding one? Get started NOW by following these easy steps:
- Collect Names—Ask people you know (both personally and professionally), try free community seminars or classes and search online via the Financial Planning Association and Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards websites
- Conduct Interviews—You are hiring your financial advisor to do a job. Treat initial meetings like a job interview by asking the advisor how they will help you meet your financial needs (such as retirement or college savings)
- Make an Informed Choice—When you've narrowed the field to two or three strong candidates, you may verify your candidates' professional credentials online using the free "BrokerCheck" through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
Financial advisors typically charge a fee for their services.
- Get more information on working with a financial advisor
- Remember to stay in regular touch with your advisor. Communication is a key part of achieving your financial goals
WEBC 3.20.08 3.24.08